Historical Timeline – The Modern Era

Christ Episcopal Church History - The Modern Era

The church still holds services at St. Luke’s on the 5th Sunday of the month.

1950’s – Major renovations at both Historic St. Luke’s and Christ Church.

1963 – The purchase of property next door and two properties across the street.

1977 – Parish Hall was built adjoining the existing church.

1978 – New outreach effort – The Pennywise Shop for used clothing is started.

1999 – Additional renovations in sanctuary completed Oct. 31 – circular stained glass window above foyer was donated by the Glanville family.

2009 – Improvements funded by the Capital Campaign began. The Shilling family donates the stained glass window above the columbarium.

2010 – First phase of new capital projects – site improvements and renovation of basement into offices – dedicated on May 2.

2011 – 2012 – Capital Campaign improvements completed with roof replacement for entire Christ Church facility. Additional improvements to kitchen, fellowship hall made by the “One Room at a Time” ministry.

Historical Timeline of Christ Episcopal Church

1. Revolutionary War

2. Early Development

3. Civil War

4. Post-War Reconstruction

5. The Christ Episcopal Stained Glass

6. The Modern Era